So I decided to post a blog on my skincare routine. I think caring for your skin is one of the most important parts of makeup….It is the foundation for everything!!!
**NOTE: My skin is normal/combo skin……more on the dry side. I also have pretty sensitive skin…lots of products tend to break me out easily.
So here is my skincare routine morning and night time. Please share your skincare routine with me down below! Let me know what works for you!!!
My Morning Routine:
1. First, after I wake up, I use the Proactiv Renewing Cleanser. I have used Proactiv for years now. I have tried to get off of it and everytime I get off of it, I break out. I know I have heard so many good and bad things but I LOVE THIS! I love the little micro beads that just scrub my face and really deep clean it. I have really tried to get off of it….but I can’t find anything that compares….any suggestions???
**OH side note….I have tried the dupe for Proactiv by Equate…FAIL. It is awful and I hated it. It has exfoliating beads that are huge and chunky and it didn’t even clean my skin. I broke out immediately after using it.
2. Ok NEXT, I use the Loreal Hydrafresh Toner. I used to use the Proactiv toner….which I STILL LOVE and I miss so much because I felt it working on my skin. BUT lately I have changed it up to a cheaper alternative and I actually like it. It feels refreshing and nice on my skin. I usually just take a cotton round and just swipe it all over my face. I think I bought this entire bottle for around 4 bucks at Walgreens!…much cheaper than Proactiv…
3. Next I always use the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller. I love this thing. I feel like it wakes me up in the morning. I don’t know if it is actually “de-puffing” my eyes but it really seems to wake my eyes up in the morning which feels great!! Price was about 10 bucks at Target!
4. Next I use the Loreal Youth Code Eye cream. I love this eye cream. It has a metal applicator but usually I just squeeze it on my under eye area and pat in all around that area. I actually use this morning and night which is great. I have a really dry under eye area. I also have a lot of fine lines…from tanning ya I knowww (DONT TAN)….so ya I love this stuff and this tube has lasted me quite some time! LOVE IT! 🙂 Price $19.99 but I believe it was on sale when I bought it long ago at Target!
5. Next I use the ELF conditioning lip balm. I have really dry and flakey lips. This is a really nice lip balm that leaves my lips feeling moist. It also has SPF 15. I got this in nice and natural which the exact color my natural lips. I find that doing this morning and night helps to hydrate my lips all day!! Best part Price $3.00 (I got it in my ELF half off haul for 1.50) eyeslipsface.com
6. LAST But NOT LEAST, My Moisturizer. It is the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer. I am very skeptical about moisturizers because I know I need them but I have such sensitive skin and break out pretty easily. SO I decided to trust the Sensitive Skin Experts. I do like this moisturizer…its very light and not greasy at all. I also have used the Philosophy Hope in a Jar for awhile and I also do reallly love that moisturizer even if people say they hate the smell. I love the smell BUT its so expensive….and I love my drugstore brands 🙂 Price was around 10 bucks at Target!
My NIGHT TIME Routine
1. First I remove any makeup. I use the ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths. They are cheap which is nice…. but then again….. they cheap if you know what I mean….. I do not think I will repurchase because I have found they have been burning my skin a little bit. I usually use these ONLY when I have a lot of makeup on or any waterproof makeup on…..otherwise I skip this step!!
2. NEXT I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. I have used this since I can remember using face wash! This is a holy grail item for me. I believe its around 5 bucks at Target or any drugstore. If Im not wearing too much makeup, this is also great to get rid of all my makeup! I love the way it foams up and my skin feels so clean after I use it. It is for acne so it can dry out your skin a little bit but it keeps my skin clear and squeaky clean!
|as you can see I love this stuff and its almost gone….time to get some more!! 🙂
3. NEXT I use my Proactiv Solution Repairing Lotion….This is combination therapy acne treatment with benzoyl peroxide…just like the cleanser. I DO NOT put this all over my face. I ONLY use this on problem areas that I am having at the time. Usually if I start getting break outs, I slap this baby on after my cleanser and let it soak in when I am sleeping! I feel like it sucks the break outs out of my face. Its great…again I am trying to find something to replace this because of the price but I can’t find anything I love as much!!!
4. Next I apply the Loreal Youth Code eye cream….same as the morning!!!
5. ALSO yet again I apply the ELF Conditioning Lip Balm in Nice and Natural as well. I love putting this on right before bed and let it soak into my lips at night so I can wake up with hydrated lips….ahhh 🙂
6. LAST about twice a week, I will exfoliate at night as well. I use the Burts Bee Citrus Facial Scrub!! I usually use this after the cleanser or sometimes in place of the cleanser. I LOVE THIS STUFF. Its all natural, which is what Burts Bees in known for. It smells likes brown sugar and honey…which is what it might be made it. The consistency reminds me a lot of brown sugar. Its very thick and crumbly when you get it out of the jar but then you add water to it and scrub scrub scrub your face!! (DO NOT put water in the actual jar) After you rinse it off, I SWEAR your face feels sooo softttt like butter. Price is 7.99 and I got mine at Target or any drugstore.
So that is it for my skincare routine! I hope you enjoyed and got some tips…..AND of course if you have any advice or tips for me, please feel free to comment below!!
Until Next Time……