HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I am so excited for today’s post!! I have so many things planned for 2018!!! Not just for my blog, but for life in general. 2017 was an amazing year filled with lots of crazy changes. This year for 2018 is all about balance for me.
I am not generally one to set resolutions but for some reason I woke up after Christmas and felt SO movtivated to make 2018 a refreshing start. I purged so much out of my closet, I felt the need to organize my entire house. Today (actual New Years Day) I cleaned my house like I never cleaned before. I feel like I am still in nesting mode from my pregnancy but this time I have the energy!!!
Anyways, I wanted to share a couple of goals I have for 2018.
1. Get In Shape! After having Rory, I am not sure I have been this out of shape in my life. My body is taking much much longer to get back to its original state. My husband and I actually bought an elliptical for Christmas instead of getting gifts…we both feel super motivated to get into decent shape this year. Of course I will be sharing our progress and some great fitness stuff along the way on the blog. Funny as this is, I feel like I always want to share fitness and wellness because heck I majored in physical education, but I never do…but I have A LOT to say on the subject.
2. Be present with my kids. I just want to be able to be there and not be attached to my phone all the time. Of course I love my phone time but I need to make sure I have balance….and I don’t want to take away time from them.
3. Be present with my husband. My hubby is the best thing ever. I literally couldn’t do life without him. Hes seriously the best dad in the world. I want to make sure I make more time with him and be present with him when we are together.
4. Set consistent structure for my blog. I have never considered blogging a job like most do. I consider it my hobby ….a fun thing to do on the side. This year I need consistency. I will do more weekly or bi-weekly posts. Videos will be included in this. I don’t know if I will ever have time to film 2 times a week like I did before but I will always have blog posts up at least 3-5 times a week 🙂
5. Be mindful of what Im purchasing and SAVE! The past 2 years for my family have been expensive….a new house, a new baby. Its pricey. So I want to make sure what I am bringing into my house I love and is worth the purchase. I also want to make sure that we are saving as well.
Let me know your resolutions!!! I would love to hear what you think of resolutions as well. They can be silly but goal setting is something I think is great motivator. Keeps me going 🙂
Cheers to 2018!